Well here we are in November and preparing for the winter season. We will be turning off the water and our pump out on the docks in the next couple of weeks and I ask that everyone be prepared for this. As always we will do our best to keep the water on in our yard for a longer period of time, but that will be weather permitting. Once again please be prepared.
The work hour period ends at the end of November and I encourage all members who need work hours to watch for bulletins on work parties coming up. We would rather not collect money from members for work hours, but have work completed on our projects before the weather really sets in. Please stay in touch with our acting House Chairman, for the month of November, Pete Chila, Yard Master Bob Cole, Dock Master Bruce Kraemer, as well as Paul Ziobo who may have electrical work to be completed.
Communication is key this time of year and I ask that all members read and follow the rules and communicate with the proper contact to ensure a smooth transition into winter. Please note that slip holders have priority for yard storage for the winter. We will try and accommodate as many members as possible, but storage space is limited.
We have Veterans Day coming up on the 11th of this month and hope to have a great crowd for this event to honor our veterans. We also have a pre Thanksgiving Day happy hour starting at 3pm for a $5 donation. Feel free to bring your own creation as well! Elections and next general body meeting will be held on November 27th at 7pm.
NOTICE: General Body Meetings are now scheduled to begin at 19:00 hours (7:00 PM) 4th Tuesday of each month
November Election Notice
The nominations are closed and there will be an election held for two (2) Board of Governor positions on November 27, 2018 at 19:00 Hrs. The slate is- Kevin Shevlin, Ralph Demasi and Peter Chila.
The Ladies Auxiliary Meet and Greet was a huge hit. We had 130 ladies from all our sister clubs. We all had a great time with a Chinese auction and a dinner that included appetizers, salad, home made soups and chiliserved in a bread bowl. For desert we had an ice cream bar with all the toppings. A big thank you to Mike Vidmosko for the donations of the pumpkin that we used for decorations on all the tables and also for making the soups and chill. Anthony's Ocean View donated the bread bowels for the event thank you so much. We had a fantastic crew in the kitchen for this event. Thanks goes out to Mike Vidmosko, Frankie Ferraro, Robert, Mastrione Sean Walsh, Chris Smiley, Casidy and Pat Gregory, plus all the Ladies Auxiliary members who helped out with this event. A big thanks to Jean Blakeslee for planning this event. If I have missed any body please forgive me.Thank you to our news ladies who helped out tremendously with are recent events, they are Lisa Grauer, Sandra Harayda, Lisa Shomsky, MaryAnn Brezosky.
Our Halloween party was wonderful and the kids had a great time with all the games and prizes. A big thank you goes out to Jean who chaired the event and all the ladies of the Auxiliary for their help and participation. The photo booth was a huge success thanks to Jon Hinkley and Karie Peterson Photography. A special shout out to Phyllis for the pumpkins and the center pieces for each table. Thank you Paul McMillian for your donation, we appreciate your thoughtfulness.
I know you do not want to think about it, but Christmas is only 8 weeks away. Our Kids Christmas Party is December 1st from 12:00 PM -2:00 PM, I heard from the elf that Santa is coming in on a boat. The cost for members $20.00, nonmembers $30.00. I have a signup sheets at the bar with the wish list or you can also sign up online. Please use the hyperlink to sign up online or use this url, note it is case sensitive, https://goo.gl/1xi9uo . The cut off date is November 12th. If you miss the cutoff date there will be a $10.00 late fee.
I would like to welcome two new members to the Ladies Auxiliary; Lisa Shomsky and MaryAnn Brezosky. Ladies next meeting November 5th at 6:00 PM, if you cannot attend please contact Donnet @ 203-470-0914 or Pat Fulton @ 203-205-0080. Set up for Christmas decoration will be November 18th at 12:00 PM, if you cannot make it please contact Donnet @ 203-470-0914, or Pat @ 203-205-0080. Don’t forget to bring your Chinese Raffle gift.
President of the Ladies Auxiliary
Good & Welfare As I write this, October is finishing up her last few days and is not going quietly as the pictures shared from the 27th’s Nor’easter showed. It was just a bit “nautical” out there. Here’s hoping for calmer weather in the coming weeks and months. There is still plenty of fishing going on & some of it is right off of our docks as my son was delighted to find out. I guess I’ll know where to find him the next couple of weekend. It is with great pleasure that we welcome our newest “little captain”, William Robert Cronin to the Miamogue Family. William blessed parents, Matt & Kate, with his arrival on 10/28. Congratulations to big sister Michaela and big brothers Sawyer & Benny. Welcome to the light little man! Paul Ziobo & family would like to thank everyone for the cards & well wishes while he’s been recovering from a stroke. He would also like to thank the “crew” whose quick action and thinking over Labor Day weekend got him the immediate help he needed that day. We extend our deepest sympathy to the family of Andy Lauro. Andy, a life member here at MYC, passed away peacefully on Sunday October 28th. We hold his wife, children and their families in our hearts and prayers. Please continue to keep our friends that have been ill or fallen on tough times in your thoughts and prayers. If you have any news for Good & Welfare, please contact me at 203-394-7122 or email@example.com. Karin Hope Good & Welfare Chairman
Miamogue Yacht Club Drug Free Policy
Because of the inherent dangers of operating a boat club and as a part of its commitment to safeguard the safety of its members and employees, the Miamogue Yacht Club, Inc.("MYC") , has established this zero tolerance policy relating to the illegal possession, use of drugs and/or being under the influence of illegal drugs while on MYC property.
All members of MYC are covered by this policy and are required to abide by the terms of this policy.All employees, as a condition of employment, are required to abide by the terms of this policy.Any employee in doubt of the procedures applicable to his/her situationmay contact the Vice Commodore for clarification.
It is the policy of the MYC that possession by any member or employee of any illegal drug on MYC property is strictly prohibited.In addition, any member or employee who knowingly permits a guest to possess any illegal drug on MYC property shall be in violation of this policy.
Any violation of this policy will result in the immediate suspension and expulsion from the club or immediate termination from employment.
Effective January 27, 2007.
Because of discussion in the past regarding work hours, the following procedure will be followed.
1. Authorization of work hours Only the following people will be eligible to authorize work hours. Members of the Board of Governors, House Chairman, Dock Master, Yard Master, Officers of the Ladies Auxiliary, and the Head of Security. Chairmen of event committees will record the hours for people working on their projects, as noted below, and then have them signed by an authorized person. Ladies Auxiliary Officers who need Regular club members for their project will have their authorization countersigned by the Rear Commodore.
2. Recording of Work Hours All work hours to be considered for credit will be recorded on the Work Hour Sheet. The hours worked will be time stamped (using the club time clock). The hours worked will be punched in and out for each person separately on the Work Hour Sheet. In the event the time clock is not available at the beginning, end, or both of the project, the hours worked will be initialed for each person on the project by person authorizing the hours.
3. Responsibility for work hour credit. It shall be the responsibility of the member working the hours, to see that the hours worked by him/her is recorded on the work hour sheet. It will also be the responsibility of the member working the hours, to check later and see that they were credited to his yearly obligation.
4. Credit for Members Work Hours No-one may work hours for another and have them credited, except by prior authorization of the Board of Governors. No member can have anyone not a member of the club work hours for them and have hours credited for them without prior authorization of the Board of Governors.
5. Review of work Hours Before work hours will be credited, all completed work hour sheets will be placed in the Vice Commodores Drawer. The vice commodore will review the request for work hour credit. The Vice Commodore will counter sign all sheets after finding them in order. He will then forward the sheets for credit.