We had another terrific Family Day which everyone seemed to enjoy. I’d like to thank all the volunteers who helped out, in particular Romel Notar for arranging the day and in fact did most of the shopping. Once again I don’t like to name names because I know I’ll forget somebody but thanks to all for volunteering and to the members that attended.
Some members have already hauled their boats for winter storage and so the rush begins. Please contact your Yard Master with your haul form for placement in the yard. Haul forms are located behind the bar and will be given out by the bartender on duty. This is a very difficult job and we need your cooperation in this matter. If you have issues with your vessel, such as pulling a motor, that requires a particular location for access during the winter notify Bob Cole as soon as possible and he will try to accommodate you.
Upcoming events; Steak & Lobster on October 4th, Ladies Meet and Greet on October 9th, Friday night dinner on October 12th, 4 Club Bluefish tournament on October 13th, Make a Wish Comedy Night fundraiser on October 18th, CPR Class on October 19th??, Kids Halloween party on October 26th. Come on down and meet new friends and have some fun!
The next general body meeting will be held on Tuesday October 22 at 7pm.
NOTICE: General Body Meetings are now scheduled to begin at 19:00 hours (7:00 PM) 4th Tuesday of each month
If you have made any change to your email, phone number or address please leave a note in my drawer or you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Family day was a lot of fun. The kids had a great time in the bouncy house and the water slide (some adults had a good time too!! )
I would like to thank the Ladies Auxiliary members for their help during the event. I appreciate your continued support.
The winners of the raffle:
Karen Gregory - Cooler, Marco T- Grill
A big thanks go out to the clam chucking crew who donated their tips to the Ladies Auxiliary children's parties. Thanks guys! John Gaglione Jr., Frank Ferrara, Mike Vidmosko
Our meet and greet with our other sister clubs will be October 9th @ 6.30. Ladies please email Jean with the description of your raffle item, so she could make up tags. Jean's email is Bialczak18@aol.com
Our Children's Halloween Party will be Saturday October 26 from 1:00 to 3:00 pm. Lunch will be served. Please sign up at the bar or you can email me at email@example.com. Cost is $5.00 per child, cut-off date is October 19th.
Sincerely, Donnet M. Peterson
President of the Auxiliary
Good & Welfare
Summer certainly went out in style this past weekend with beautiful weather, temps in the mid to upper 80s and flat seas for most of the weekend. We’ve been blessed with beautiful boating weather for most of the season. The first week or so into autumn still look to have favorable and warm weather. I hope it holds for a while longer. I need a little more “vitamin sea”.
Congratulations to Sarah Tyer. Sarah is the granddaughter of Loretta Tyer and the late Robert Tyer. Sarah graduated from Housatonic Community College in May with an Associate Degree in Criminal Justice. She was also a member of the prestigious Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society. Sarah will be entering Central Connecticut State University this fall and will major in Criminology with a minor in Psychology. We wish her the best of luck in her future!
As always, please keep our friends that have been ill or fallen on tough times in your thoughts and prayers.
If you have any news for Good & Welfare, please contact me at 203-394-7122 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good & Welfare Chairman
Miamogue Yacht Club Drug Free Policy
Because of the inherent dangers of operating a boat club and as a part of its commitment to safeguard the safety of its members and employees, the Miamogue Yacht Club, Inc.("MYC") , has established this zero tolerance policy relating to the illegal possession, use of drugs and/or being under the influence of illegal drugs while on MYC property.
All members of MYC are covered by this policy and are required to abide by the terms of this policy.All employees, as a condition of employment, are required to abide by the terms of this policy.Any employee in doubt of the procedures applicable to his/her situationmay contact the Vice Commodore for clarification.
It is the policy of the MYC that possession by any member or employee of any illegal drug on MYC property is strictly prohibited.In addition, any member or employee who knowingly permits a guest to possess any illegal drug on MYC property shall be in violation of this policy.
Any violation of this policy will result in the immediate suspension and expulsion from the club or immediate termination from employment.
Effective January 27, 2007.
Because of discussion in the past regarding work hours, the following procedure will be followed.
1. Authorization of work hours Only the following people will be eligible to authorize work hours. Members of the Board of Governors, House Chairman, Dock Master, Yard Master, Officers of the Ladies Auxiliary, and the Head of Security. Chairmen of event committees will record the hours for people working on their projects, as noted below, and then have them signed by an authorized person. Ladies Auxiliary Officers who need Regular club members for their project will have their authorization countersigned by the Rear Commodore.
2. Recording of Work Hours All work hours to be considered for credit will be recorded on the Work Hour Sheet. The hours worked will be time stamped (using the club time clock). The hours worked will be punched in and out for each person separately on the Work Hour Sheet. In the event the time clock is not available at the beginning, end, or both of the project, the hours worked will be initialed for each person on the project by person authorizing the hours.
3. Responsibility for work hour credit. It shall be the responsibility of the member working the hours, to see that the hours worked by him/her is recorded on the work hour sheet. It will also be the responsibility of the member working the hours, to check later and see that they were credited to his yearly obligation.
4. Credit for Members Work Hours No-one may work hours for another and have them credited, except by prior authorization of the Board of Governors. No member can have anyone not a member of the club work hours for them and have hours credited for them without prior authorization of the Board of Governors.
5. Review of work Hours Before work hours will be credited, all completed work hour sheets will be placed in the Vice Commodores Drawer. The vice commodore will review the request for work hour credit. The Vice Commodore will counter sign all sheets after finding them in order. He will then forward the sheets for credit.