Well here we are in November and preparing for the winter season. We will be turning off the water and our pump out on the docks in the next couple of weeks and I ask that everyone be prepared for this. As always we will do our best to keep the water on in our yard for a longer period of time, but that will be weather permitting. Once again please be prepared.
The work hour period ends at the end of November and I encourage all members who need work hours to watch for bulletins on work parties coming up. We would rather not collect money from members for work hours, but have work completed on our projects before the weather really sets in. Please stay in touch with our House Chairman, Cassidy Yard Master Bob Cole, Dock Master Bruce Kraemer, as well as Paul Ziobo who may have electrical work to be completed.
Communication is key this time of year and I ask that all members read and follow the rules and communicate with the proper contact to ensure a smooth transition into winter. Please note that slip holders have priority for yard storage for the winter. We will try and accommodate as many members as possible, but storage space is limited.
We have Pub Night on November 2nd with live music as well as pub food. Veterans Day is coming up on the 11th from 2-6 and hope to have a great crowd for this event to honor our veterans. We also have a pre Thanksgiving Day gathering on the 27th starting at 3pm for a $5 donation. Feel free to bring your own creation as well!
Elections and the next general body meeting will be held on November 26th at 7pm
NOTICE: General Body Meetings are now scheduled to begin at 19:00 hours (7:00 PM) 4th Tuesday of each month
FROM THE YARD/REGARDING 2019 HAUL. I hope everyone had an enjoyable and safe boating season and we all hope for those last few great fall days to take that last trip. In the meantime we are planning our 2019 haul and hopefully will be able to accommodate all of our members. The following are just some reminders of the yard procedure for hauling. ALL BOATS hauled must fill out a haul form. They are available at the bar. COMMUNICATION is the key to a successful haul for everyone. The Yardmaster or Committee member must be contacted before a boat is positioned in the yard. We do not store blocks or stands at the club and there is absolutely NO POWER WASHING of any kind in the yard. Contact number for Yardmaster is 203 676 3618. If you text please leave your name. Also, if your trailer was stored in the yard and you find an orange spray painted tag on the tongue of your trailer, please contact me ASAP to avoid any fines or penalties. As always, thanks for your cooperation regarding these issues.
Bob Cole, Yardmaster
Notice of Elections: AN ELECTION WILL BE HELD AT THE NOVEMBER 26, 2019
GENERAL BODY MEETING AT 19:00 Hrs.
ELECTION SLATE- NOVEMBER 2019
COMMODORE- Scott Gorton
VICE COMMODORE- Chris Tearne
REAR COMMODORE- Peter Aiksnoras
SECRETARY- Tom Begg
TREASURERER- Phil Maguire
FINANCIAL MANAGER- Wayne Champagne
BOARD OF GOVERNERS (2 POSITIONS OPEN ONLY)
The Ladies Auxiliary meet and greet was outstanding, we had 130 ladies from our sister Yacht clubs. A big thank you goes out to Jean Walsh for chairing the event it, Jean did a great job. Thank you all our Ladies Auxiliary that helped out. In addition, I would like to thank the chefs in the the kitchen who work all day preparing the delicious soups and help out with all the appetizers and cleaning up, they are:
Mike Vidmosko (also thank you for the pumpkins)
A big Thanks goes to Cassidy on her fabulous cocktails ever woman loved them, Thanks Cassidy for a great job.
If I have forgotten anybody please forgive me.
Our Halloween party was small this year but the kids had a great time, thanks to Pyllis for getting the pumpkins for the kids. Thanks to the Ladies Auxiliary for all there help.
Tis the season to think about the Christmas Party! The Christmas party will be held on December 7th from 12PM - 3PM. There will be food, presents for children, crafts for children and Santa will make an appearance. Please sign your child up using this link.
Any questions please email me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good & Welfare
The fleet is moving from the slips onto the hard, shrink wrap is going on & our boats are getting ready for the long hibernation of winter. Autumn is in full swing. Mother Nature has been kind so far. We’ve had beautiful weather and it looks like the fish are finally starting to show up. Let’s hope she continues to smile on us a little longer. Only 210 days, give or take, until Opening Weekend.
October was a quiet month for us at the Club as far as Good & Welfare goes. As we usher in November, I ask that we keep our friends that have been ill or fallen on tough times in our thoughts and prayers. It means more than you know.
If you have any news for Good & Welfare, please contact me at 203-394-7122 or email@example.com. Wishing you and your families a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Good & Welfare Chairman
Miamogue Yacht Club Drug Free Policy
Because of the inherent dangers of operating a boat club and as a part of its commitment to safeguard the safety of its members and employees, the Miamogue Yacht Club, Inc.("MYC") , has established this zero tolerance policy relating to the illegal possession, use of drugs and/or being under the influence of illegal drugs while on MYC property.
All members of MYC are covered by this policy and are required to abide by the terms of this policy.All employees, as a condition of employment, are required to abide by the terms of this policy.Any employee in doubt of the procedures applicable to his/her situationmay contact the Vice Commodore for clarification.
It is the policy of the MYC that possession by any member or employee of any illegal drug on MYC property is strictly prohibited.In addition, any member or employee who knowingly permits a guest to possess any illegal drug on MYC property shall be in violation of this policy.
Any violation of this policy will result in the immediate suspension and expulsion from the club or immediate termination from employment.
Effective January 27, 2007.
Because of discussion in the past regarding work hours, the following procedure will be followed.
1. Authorization of work hours Only the following people will be eligible to authorize work hours. Members of the Board of Governors, House Chairman, Dock Master, Yard Master, Officers of the Ladies Auxiliary, and the Head of Security. Chairmen of event committees will record the hours for people working on their projects, as noted below, and then have them signed by an authorized person. Ladies Auxiliary Officers who need Regular club members for their project will have their authorization countersigned by the Rear Commodore.
2. Recording of Work Hours All work hours to be considered for credit will be recorded on the Work Hour Sheet. The hours worked will be time stamped (using the club time clock). The hours worked will be punched in and out for each person separately on the Work Hour Sheet. In the event the time clock is not available at the beginning, end, or both of the project, the hours worked will be initialed for each person on the project by person authorizing the hours.
3. Responsibility for work hour credit. It shall be the responsibility of the member working the hours, to see that the hours worked by him/her is recorded on the work hour sheet. It will also be the responsibility of the member working the hours, to check later and see that they were credited to his yearly obligation.
4. Credit for Members Work Hours No-one may work hours for another and have them credited, except by prior authorization of the Board of Governors. No member can have anyone not a member of the club work hours for them and have hours credited for them without prior authorization of the Board of Governors.
5. Review of work Hours Before work hours will be credited, all completed work hour sheets will be placed in the Vice Commodores Drawer. The vice commodore will review the request for work hour credit. The Vice Commodore will counter sign all sheets after finding them in order. He will then forward the sheets for credit.