It’s hard to believe it is already August but to date a pretty decent summer overall.
I feel that our club is doing well but we do need more participation from our members. There is always plenty of work to be accomplished around our clubhouse, yard, and docks and it would be nice to see some new faces in the group. If your looking for work hours please contact our house chairman Cassidy, or dock master Bruce Kraemer, or of course our yard master Bobby Cole for projects that need to be addressed. Please remember that the cost of membership is a direct reflection of how much can be accomplished in house and by not hiring outside contractors. Please get your work hours in early and support your club.
Please make an attempt to attend our general body meetings to stay updated on the business of the club. I receive numerous phone calls from members asking questions on issues that can and should be addressed at our general body meetings. Please come support your club!
In closing, I would like thank the handful of members that are always willing to help out and support their club on a regular basis. I don’t like to name names, but without your continued support our club would not be as successful as it is. Many Thanks!
Friday night dinner August 17th 6pm Pig Roast dinner- First come First served!
Next General Body meeting will be held August, 28th at 7PM
NOTICE: General Body Meetings are now scheduled to begin at 19:00 hours (7:00 PM) 4th Tuesday of each month
Summer is a good time to catch up on what is happening at the club. Attend a General Body Meeting on the 4th Tuesday of the month. Remember to also update your contact information with me.
Hello to all,
I would like to thank everybody that came out for our Karaoke dinner. It was a good time with good food and talented singers.
Thanks to Pat, Karen, and Janet for cooking all the food.
Thanks to Jean, Tammy, Nicole, Phyllis and Ann Marie for serving food and for helping cleanup.
Dates to Remember:
September 8th Family day, come and enjoy a fabulous day lots of fun for everyone.
October 10th Miamogue Ladies Auxiliary Meet and Greet with our sister clubs!
October 22nd Children's Halloween Party
December 1st Children's Christmas party.
Donnet M. Peterson
President of Ladies Auxiliary
From the Fleet Captain
The first Cruise Away will be on the Weekend of the 28th of July at Cedar Island Marina for the Calypso Pool Party. The cost is $ 3.50 per foot per day and includes electricity/water/cable/wifi. Amenities include pool, hot tub, restaurants, playgrounds, a variety of picnic areas, fitness center, showers. To reserve a slip call 860-669-8681. For more info E: email@example.com
Good & Welfare
There is nothing better than seeing all the boats in the water. The weather may not be as warm as it could be but people are enjoying their boat time.
Graduation time from college, high school, middle school, elementary & preschool is almost over but there is always time to recognize the dedication of our students. Please congratulate Ben Kemp, son of Tom & Jodi Dalton, on his graduation from Amity Regional High School and for receiving an award for Excellence in Education and Second Honors. Ben will attend UCONN in the fall and plans to study Business. Congratulations to my son Aidan on receiving Excellence in Art & High Honors from West Shore Middle School. Miamogue is proud to recognize the achievements of these 2 young men. If you know of any other students who have received accolades or has graduated, please let me know. They deserve the spotlight for their hard work & achievements.
Please continue keep our friends that have been ill or fallen on tough times in your thoughts and prayers.
If you have any news for Good & Welfare, please contact me at 203-394-7122 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Karin Hope, Good & Welfare Chairman
Miamogue Yacht Club Drug Free Policy
Because of the inherent dangers of operating a boat club and as a part of its commitment to safeguard the safety of its members and employees, the Miamogue Yacht Club, Inc.("MYC") , has established this zero tolerance policy relating to the illegal possession, use of drugs and/or being under the influence of illegal drugs while on MYC property.
All members of MYC are covered by this policy and are required to abide by the terms of this policy.All employees, as a condition of employment, are required to abide by the terms of this policy.Any employee in doubt of the procedures applicable to his/her situationmay contact the Vice Commodore for clarification.
It is the policy of the MYC that possession by any member or employee of any illegal drug on MYC property is strictly prohibited.In addition, any member or employee who knowingly permits a guest to possess any illegal drug on MYC property shall be in violation of this policy.
Any violation of this policy will result in the immediate suspension and expulsion from the club or immediate termination from employment.
Effective January 27, 2007.
Because of discussion in the past regarding work hours, the following procedure will be followed.
1. Authorization of work hours Only the following people will be eligible to authorize work hours. Members of the Board of Governors, House Chairman, Dock Master, Yard Master, Officers of the Ladies Auxiliary, and the Head of Security. Chairmen of event committees will record the hours for people working on their projects, as noted below, and then have them signed by an authorized person. Ladies Auxiliary Officers who need Regular club members for their project will have their authorization countersigned by the Rear Commodore.
2. Recording of Work Hours All work hours to be considered for credit will be recorded on the Work Hour Sheet. The hours worked will be time stamped (using the club time clock). The hours worked will be punched in and out for each person separately on the Work Hour Sheet. In the event the time clock is not available at the beginning, end, or both of the project, the hours worked will be initialed for each person on the project by person authorizing the hours.
3. Responsibility for work hour credit. It shall be the responsibility of the member working the hours, to see that the hours worked by him/her is recorded on the work hour sheet. It will also be the responsibility of the member working the hours, to check later and see that they were credited to his yearly obligation.
4. Credit for Members Work Hours No-one may work hours for another and have them credited, except by prior authorization of the Board of Governors. No member can have anyone not a member of the club work hours for them and have hours credited for them without prior authorization of the Board of Governors.
5. Review of work Hours Before work hours will be credited, all completed work hour sheets will be placed in the Vice Commodores Drawer. The vice commodore will review the request for work hour credit. The Vice Commodore will counter sign all sheets after finding them in order. He will then forward the sheets for credit.