I hope this short note finds all of our members and their families safe and healthy during these very trying times. As most of you know the clubhouse has been shuttered since mid March and will remain so until further notice. The yard is open and a porta potty is on the gas dock for the convenience our members. Please keep it clean!
A go fund me fundraiser was set up by Chris Smiley to help out our bar staff during these troubled times. If you wish to donate you can google go fund me Miamogue and a donate tab will appear. If you have any questions Chris can be contacted at Christopher.email@example.com Thank You Chris for setting this up.
Boating season is upon on us and I hope after the corona virus subsides we will have a terrific and memorable season. Many boats have been launched already with many more to go. Please take the time to make copies of your paperwork before bringing it to the club to do your launch form due to the fact that there isn’t always someone at MYC that has access to a copier. All boat owners are encouraged to get their vessels ship shape as soon as possible so as not to impede other vessels that may be blocked in. Communication is critical between the member, yard and dock committee during this simple process.
We have plenty of projects that need to be completed this year including dock work, painting, yard maintenance, house projects etc. The names of committee members are as follows, Cassidy Bledsoe House chairman, Bob Cole Yard master, Bruce Kraemer Dock master. I encourage members to contact them directly for information regarding upcoming work parties. These are great projects to get your work hours in early and for you the member to provide a valuable service to your club. Please help out!
Unfortunately, Our opening day ceremonies, meetings, and other club activities will be postponed until further notice!
My best wishes for all of you and your families! Stay healthy and safe! We will get through these troubled waters quickly I pray!
NOTICE: General Body Meetings are now scheduled to begin at 19:00 hours (7:00 PM) 4th Tuesday of each month
FROM THE YARD/REGARDING 2019 HAUL. I hope everyone had an enjoyable and safe boating season and we all hope for those last few great fall days to take that last trip. In the meantime we are planning our 2019 haul and hopefully will be able to accommodate all of our members. The following are just some reminders of the yard procedure for hauling. ALL BOATS hauled must fill out a haul form. They are available at the bar. COMMUNICATION is the key to a successful haul for everyone. The Yardmaster or Committee member must be contacted before a boat is positioned in the yard. We do not store blocks or stands at the club and there is absolutely NO POWER WASHING of any kind in the yard. Contact number for Yardmaster is 203 676 3618. If you text please leave your name. Also, if your trailer was stored in the yard and you find an orange spray painted tag on the tongue of your trailer, please contact me ASAP to avoid any fines or penalties. As always, thanks for your cooperation regarding these issues.
Bob Cole, Yardmaster
If you have any correspondence for the Board, need gate cards or have a change to your contact information please e mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. New member applications will have the back ground checks done, but interviews will be hold for now. This will be the best way to communicate until the Club house is open again. (yes it will happen). Best therapy for these times- GET THE BOAT READY TO GO IN ! To maintain social distancing consider Saturday everyone work on the port side and Sunday the Starboard side.
Good & Welfare
I sit here writing to all of you a month later still in my home office as I’m sure many of you are. With spring finally here, there are signs of new life popping up everywhere – leaves on the trees, flowers everywhere and boat covers coming off. It truly is a beautiful time of the year; maybe a little more so this year. I’m looking forward to having our boat ready & in the water in time for the warm weather.
As we move through spring, we will again be celebrating the academic achievements of our MYC children. If you know of any kids graduating this year, (college, high school, middle, etc…) please let me know so we can wish them congratulations. There has been so much these kids have had to sacrifice this year. Highlighting their achievements is a small way of letting them know we care. Middle, High School & College students – good luck on your final exams!!
Again, to those of you on the front lines, especially our healthcare workers, thank you! We’ll continue to pray for you & for a way through safely to the other side of this.
Our deepest sympathy is extended to Joe Vitale on the passing of his mother and to Don Dizenzo on the passing of his mother. Please continue to keep our friends that have fallen on hard times or illness in your thoughts & prayers.
If you have any news for Good & Welfare, please contact me at 203-394-7122 or email@example.com. Until next month, be well!
Good & Welfare Chairman
Miamogue Yacht Club Drug Free Policy
Because of the inherent dangers of operating a boat club and as a part of its commitment to safeguard the safety of its members and employees, the Miamogue Yacht Club, Inc.("MYC") , has established this zero tolerance policy relating to the illegal possession, use of drugs and/or being under the influence of illegal drugs while on MYC property.
All members of MYC are covered by this policy and are required to abide by the terms of this policy.All employees, as a condition of employment, are required to abide by the terms of this policy.Any employee in doubt of the procedures applicable to his/her situationmay contact the Vice Commodore for clarification.
It is the policy of the MYC that possession by any member or employee of any illegal drug on MYC property is strictly prohibited.In addition, any member or employee who knowingly permits a guest to possess any illegal drug on MYC property shall be in violation of this policy.
Any violation of this policy will result in the immediate suspension and expulsion from the club or immediate termination from employment.
Effective January 27, 2007.
Because of discussion in the past regarding work hours, the following procedure will be followed.
1. Authorization of work hours Only the following people will be eligible to authorize work hours. Members of the Board of Governors, House Chairman, Dock Master, Yard Master, Officers of the Ladies Auxiliary, and the Head of Security. Chairmen of event committees will record the hours for people working on their projects, as noted below, and then have them signed by an authorized person. Ladies Auxiliary Officers who need Regular club members for their project will have their authorization countersigned by the Rear Commodore.
2. Recording of Work Hours All work hours to be considered for credit will be recorded on the Work Hour Sheet. The hours worked will be time stamped (using the club time clock). The hours worked will be punched in and out for each person separately on the Work Hour Sheet. In the event the time clock is not available at the beginning, end, or both of the project, the hours worked will be initialed for each person on the project by person authorizing the hours.
3. Responsibility for work hour credit. It shall be the responsibility of the member working the hours, to see that the hours worked by him/her is recorded on the work hour sheet. It will also be the responsibility of the member working the hours, to check later and see that they were credited to his yearly obligation.
4. Credit for Members Work Hours No-one may work hours for another and have them credited, except by prior authorization of the Board of Governors. No member can have anyone not a member of the club work hours for them and have hours credited for them without prior authorization of the Board of Governors.
5. Review of work Hours Before work hours will be credited, all completed work hour sheets will be placed in the Vice Commodores Drawer. The vice commodore will review the request for work hour credit. The Vice Commodore will counter sign all sheets after finding them in order. He will then forward the sheets for credit.